Wednesday, February 15, 2006

People Hate Bollywood?!?

Again, folks over at Sepia Mutiny have gotten my attention with post entitled, (horror of horrors!): Why They Hate Bollywood.

As I was indoctrinating one of my white friends during our viewing of K3G last night, I mentioned that there were tons of Indians who hated Bollywood films. “Really?” she asked, with a tone of voice expressing the wonderment of disbelief after having taken in the lusciously melodramatic display before us. I explained it’s somewhat similar to the way I have difficulty relating to films like Boyz n the Hood. It doesn’t reflect my lifestyle or interests the way a film like Something New does. “Oh,” she replied. “I cried all the way through Boys n the Hood.” To each their own...

Folks, rest assured. Bollywood will never die. I just got two more people hooked last night! Muuhuuuhaahaaaa! <---*evil laugh*

It’s something like cotton candy—lots of colors, larger than life and nothing but sugar and air. Yum!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

People hating Bollywood is annoying - but my sister AND my cousin couldn't stand it at first, now they love BW. <3 Hehe.

Rachel
Nova Scotia
http://greatestjournal.com/users/lavender_ocean

Anonymous said...

>People hating Bollywood is annoying

Why is it annoying? cant someone have freespeech and free thought to dislike something? I have mates who like and dislike bollywood, doesnt mean i find it annoying. Each to their own and get over yourself!

Anonymous said...

Many people hate Bollywood but some love animes. Bollywood is for poor people in India who can't read and write !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I find it annoying,that because i'm indian i have to like bollywood. Sorry but i hate it because,i can in no way relate to it. It is far too low brow and un- polished for me, and i love world cinema, just not bollywood.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I still hate Bollywood Movies, no stile, no story, just frenzy people dancing all around, a lot of nonsense... I personely don't like them, but hey, if other like that kind of movies I'm glad for them...

Anonymous said...

bollywood is the worst form of entertainment ever meant for people with zero intellectual capacity... western CARTOONS are more intelligent entertainment than bollywood... and it seems the more popular a star is the more retarded movies he gives... amitabh bachan is the lowest life form available on the planet ... may he be cursed... followed by other over actor fucktards like shah rukh khan and govinda

to hell with bollywood

Hoopermazing said...

You lost me at "Something New."
If there is one thing I cannot abide, it's a house nigger.

Anonymous said...

"bollywood is the worst form of entertainment ever meant for people with zero intellectual capacity... western CARTOONS are more intelligent entertainment than bollywood... and it seems the more popular a star is the more retarded movies he gives... amitabh bachan is the lowest life form available on the planet ... may he be cursed"

exactly what I have always told my friends. Bollywood is against intelligence, it's against intellect. it's against nature. it's simply nonsense at its best. I just don't understand why anyone with a little bit of intellect and some education would ever want to seriously watch a bollywood movie. Like the person above said, it's better to watch a cartoon instead. And their so called "comedy" movies are only good if you can laugh at the stupidity of their jokes/comedy.

No offense but bollywood is for retarded people.

Anonymous said...

bollywood sucks!!!!i cant stand watchin those movies and there so called actors dont even know how to act.bollywood should be renamed shitwood!!!

Anonymous said...

Bollywood copies from tom and jerry also.Can you believe it? No wonder it is ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I concur... retards and poor retards...