Thursday, July 06, 2006

Krrish in Question


I will sum up my experience seeing Krrish in a countdown of brief retorical questions.

10. Why is Priyanka Chopra SO pretty?

9. Why in all of Singapore, a country where English is an official language, did they find a man who spoke English so poory, um poorly?

8. Why as a semi-conscious, invalid does Hrithik Roshan still look remotely endearing?

7. Why did someone other than Krrish's grandma think that a beat up grey jacket from 1972 still looked cute?!?

6. Why did the evil scientist talking directly to the screen remind me of Parker Lewis Can't Lose?

5. Why do I think the only way the Gahadur character could have been more weird/annoying is if he was played by Johnny Lever?

4. Why did song #1, look a lot like song #3 with about 2 minor changes?

3. Why is it that Archana Puran Singh, aka "Boss" looks like she's a first cousin to Pam Grier aka "Foxy Brown"?

2. Why did Hrithik's extra digit get more screen time than a Coca-Cola in Kuch Naa Kaho?

And #1...
1. Why during the "interval" while waiting in line for more popcorn, did a cute little (teenage) boy with a red turban ask me and my (white & asian) girlfriends, "You guys like this stuff?"

Do I like this stuff? I LOVE this stuff!!! Actually, I answered, "I just love Hrithik Roshan and--(thanks babasko!)--I heard the second half was better than the first." I had heard him telling his friends who were sitting behind us "Look!" every time Hrithik's stray thumb made an appearance. I was doing the same thing to my friends so I guess we bonded. ;0)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey

follow the below link, I am sure you will be shocked..

http://blackademic.blogspot.com/2006/07/what.html

Anonymous said...

And why o why did I get to see flickering ads of Bournvita, Lays, Tide Washing Powder and a host of other knick-knacks all over the place?? Bollywood sure is catching up with the commercial prospects of movies. ;)

Anonymous said...

You bring up some very good points. I'm going to try and answer some questions.

10. Why is Priyanka Chopra SO pretty? Because she is one of the very few women who make me change my sexual orientation.

9. Why in all of Singapore, a country where English is an official language, did they find a man who spoke English so poory, um poorly? Apparently, they only wanted him for his martial arts skills. Too bad he also had to dress like a clown.

8. Why as a semi-conscious, invalid does Hrithik Roshan still look remotely endearing? So all the daadis in the audience would say, "Yeah, I'd totally tap that ass."

7. Why did someone other than Krrish's grandma think that a beat up grey jacket from 1972 still looked cute?!? It must have been giving off Tide-fumes, inducing hallucinations.

6. Why did the evil scientist talking directly to the screen remind me of Parker Lewis Can't Lose? Pass. I've never seen the show.

5. Why do I think the only way the Gahadur character could have been more weird/annoying is if he was played by Johnny Lever? Personally, I didn't hear a word this guy said. I was distracted by the size of his ears.

4. Why did song #1, look a lot like song #3 with about 2 minor changes? My question is, why weren't there more songs?

3. Why is it that Archana Puran Singh, aka "Boss" looks like she's a first cousin to Pam Grier aka "Foxy Brown"? Honestly, I do not know.

2. Why did Hrithik's extra digit get more screen time than a Coca-Cola in Kuch Naa Kaho? If it had gotten more screentime than the Coca-Cola in Yaadein, I'd say that then we have a problem.

And #1...
1. Why during the "interval" while waiting in line for more popcorn, did a cute little (teenage) boy with a red turban ask me and my (white & asian) girlfriends, "You guys like this stuff?"
Most popular question to non-desis at a theater, I guess. They didn't serve samosas during the interval?

Anonymous said...

Why did the music became so popular? Since the videos were a throwback to the eighties era?

Why did Hritik had to prance around in a lungi with all those bulging muscles!

Why didnt he get a proper haircut!

Tanya

www.ourbollywood.com

t-HYPE said...

Velu, I'm just glad to know Lays potato chips are as popular the world over as they are here. ;0)

Basmatic, too funny! As for samosas, I try not to ask too much. I'm suprised they managed to get a showing of Prarie Home Companion cancelled to show Krrish in the first place...

tanyapalta, a lungi? That look has a name? I just figured since he wasn't ever going to leave the village his grandma figured he didn't need any clothes from this century...

Anonymous said...

yeah lungi is the lower end. dont knock it off completly Aamir in Lagaan did wonders for it! Or maybe Im just biased!
http://pschuler.club.fr/Cinema/Acteurs/Aamir-Khan/aamir5g.jpg

Tanya Palta
www.ourbollywood.com

Anonymous said...

I especially enjoyed seeing Rekha pour TIDE detergent into a copper bowl in the kitchen, for all the world as though she was pouring cereal in a bowl for Hrithik's breakfast.

I've never seen such aggressive product placement in a film. Except for Ash's COCA-COLAs in Taal & Kuch Naa Kaho...