Monday, April 17, 2006

Bigger & Blacker!!!

No this post is not about Chris Rock...I'M BACK and amped to be in blog land once again!

That said, I've decided to backblog my 5 1/2 week hiatus. It almost seemed like not blogging made my life more interesting. Rather than start at the very beginning [a very good place to start], I'll start at the end and work my way back.

Which brings me to Kehinde Wiley...

Lateness is not always a bad thing. Had my physical therapist not been late to my appointment, I would not have picked up an outdated issue of DECOR magazine that was featuring Mr. Wiley. There are few things in life that take my breath away but this painting, The Chancellor Seguier on Horseback, may now join the list. (You can view the inspiration for Kehinde's version here.) The funny thing is, as my closest friends know, I'm quite a bit anti-museum so the fact that his art moves me to a reaction is impressive. If I could afford the painting, I would have bought it the minute I saw it. It is an amalgamation of contradictions. Breathtaking!



This one though, Passing/Posing, is my favorite. It's magical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back! Can't wait to hear about how the fast was.