Friday, June 02, 2006

Lonely in Springtime

This completely off-topic post is an attempt to encourage all young lovers to enjoy love when it appears. This is the first spring/summer in three years that I've been single in a completely solitary fashion. [Don't ask.] There's nothing like balmy weather to remind you of picnics in the park, roadtrips, taking your two dogs for a walk, and the general sense of security--reminicient of a warm spring breeze--that having a reliable significant other can bring. Fortunately, in the southern parts of the US, Spring is being ejected by a forceful coup d'etat called SUMMER. And I'm glad. Heatstroke is far favorable to heartache.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel that way. Spring and Summer are the best times to be single--the men who have been working out all Winter come out looking fine and sexy for the warm weather lol It's like being a kid in a candy store :-). From one single girl to another, savor single life. It gets hard sometimes, but it gives us so much time to grow, reflect, learn about ourselves, develop friendships, and most importantly walk closer with God. Keep your head up and stay faithful.

t-HYPE said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'd been feeling a little cranky about my singleness lately and it can only be attributed to the weather because as I've written before, I'm not normally the romantic type...

Anonymous said...

I want to be you! it's winter in Australia, and I am freezing! I hate the cold..heat is so much better! Don't worry, i'm single as well so at least your not single in your singleness! I love your blog by the way!